How can it be May?! It seems like the year just started. We had a very exciting week in Pre-K! Our caterpillars arrived and we have enjoyed watching them grow quickly. We are anxiously waiting for them to spin their chrysalises and turn into butterflies. We now have an ant mountain in our classroom, too. We watched the ants move sand to create tunnels in the mountain. It has been amazing to watch! We are looking forward to Mother’s Day in the classroom next week. We have been busy preparing and are looking forward to celebrating with you on Thursday at 8:00 am!
We are learning about…
Math skills: number recognition, counting
Religion: Mother’s Day
Fine motor skills: Writing name with uppercase letter at the beginning only, scissor skills, coloring in the lines
Life Skill: We are working on following directions quickly and the first time they are given. Practice at home following directions quickly without having to be asked more than once.
Dates to Remember
- Thur., May 5th: Mother’s Day Celebration in the classroom – 8:00 – 8:30 am
- Thur., May 19th: Donuts with Dad in the classroom – 8:00 am
- Mon., May 30th: No School – Memorial Day
- Please return clean blankets on Monday.
- Return Take Home folders on Monday.
- Return Reading Center Books on Friday.